OVERVIEW OF K-8 DISTANCE LEARNING
All scholars in kindergarten through eighth grade have daily assignments that must be completed by the end of each day. Both attendance and grades are used to award report card grades and make end of year promotional decisions.
While our 3rd - 8th graders have been working with Zoom so far, this is new to our Kindergarten - 2nd graders. We are using Zoom for live learning sessions to better connect with scholars as we work together to teach them remotely.
- Follow the schedules that are provided to you.
- Join live class sessions on-time daily, just like you're coming to school!
- Make sure you are logged in to Google Classroom and Zoom. Links have been shared by teachers.
OVERVIEW OF 9-11 DISTANCE LEARNING
All students in grades nine through eleven will have assignments due every Friday. Completion of assignments will factor into coursework credits. Students must complete assignments to receive course credit. Please read through Met CPA’s Virtual Learning Policy.
Regents Exams – TBD (The Regents exams have not been canceled. More information will be given at a future date.)
School Calendar Information
Currently, Metropolitan Lighthouse Charter School and College Preparatory Academy are working in partnership with the New York City Department of Education to determine when school will resume in the school building. Currently, we anticipate a return for the Fall of 2020. This date is subject to change.
Monday, March 23, 2020
First Official Day of Online Classes (Both Schools)
Monday, April 6 to Friday, April 10, 2020
|Remote learning will continue April 6-10.|
Friday, June 19, 2020
|Last Day of Online Classes for the 2019-2020 academic year (Subject to Change)|
Fall of 2020
In person classes Resume (Subject to Change)
Frequently Asked Questions
Attendance and General Inquiries
If you have attendance questions or general inquiries, please contact Ms. Goldsmith between the hours of 8 AM and 4 PM at Genai.Goldsmith@met.lha.net or at 917-946-4805.
Tutorials & Troubleshooting
- Tips for School at Home
- Remote Learning Expectations
- Distance Learning Master Schedule: Grade K-2
- Distance Learning Master Schedule: Grade K - 2 (Spanish Translation)
- Distance Learning Master Schedule: Grade 3-8
- Distance Learning Master Schedule: Grades 3 - 8 (Spanish Translation)
- CPA Virtual Learning Schedule
- CPA Virtual Learning Schedule (Spanish Translation)
- CPA Virtual Learning Policy
- CPA Virtual Learning Policy (Spanish Translation)
- iReady Amplify Dreambox Information
- Scholastic "Learn at Home"